Chariot MQTT Server Receives Patent and V2.2.0 is Released!
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issued US Patent for Cirrus Link’s Sparkplug-Aware MQTT Server
29th September 2021 – Kansas City, KS – Cirrus Link today announced the company has received US Patent for the Chariot V2 MQTT Server, the first to market to be Sparkplug-aware for complete MQTT network oversight. Chariot V2 is OASSyS MQTT 3.1.1 compliant, the dominant messaging protocol enabling industrial customers to share IIoT data across the enterprise from OT to IT.
Sparkplug is an open source software specification that ensures open and interoperable Industrial IoT solutions by defining a topic namespace, payload definition and state management for real-time applications. Coupling MQTT with Sparkplug allows for data self-discovery and ultimately complete digital transformation.
“We’re pleased to receive this patent for Chariot V2, the first and only MQTT Server that understands Sparkplug,” said Arlen Nipper, President and CTO of Cirrus Link and co-inventor of MQTT. “Sparkplug is essential in modern IIoT, providing MQTT clients with a framework and context to integrate data. Chariot V2 enables Sparkplug MQTT by receiving all messages from clients and routing them to the appropriate destination client.”
The Chariot V2 MQTT Server runs as a Java application on-premise or in the cloud for high availability applications. The server runs on Java so it can be transported across any platform and includes an updated user interface and web-based administration. Security is handled with TLS, username/password authentication, and Access Control Lists (ACLs) user authentication.
Chariot V2 includes the following features:
- Detect and report duplicate Sparkplug and edge node ID collisions across multiple MQTT clients
- Store Sparkplug metric properties within the MQTT Server so it can be queried
- Track and report Sparkplug-specific data flowing through the MQTT Server
- Track and report of all online/offline edge nodes and primary host applications
- Track and report edge nodes that are going offline often
- Perform compression sampling to see if it is a good idea or not
- Track edge nodes that are not subscribing and possibly should be on the primary host ID
- Track long keep alive timeout configurations and potential misconfigurations of MQTT LWT
- Configure ACL based on Sparkplug topic tokens.
Chariot V2 is a backwards compatible OASIS 3.1.1 update to the original Chariot server and is also a functional replacement for the MQTT Distributor Module on the Inductive Automation Ignition Platform. Chariot V2 comes with a two-hour re-settable trial period so customers can download and experiment for free. To purchase a license for unlimited MQTT clients and users, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information visit https://www.cirrus-link.com/mqtt-broker-iiot-mqtt-servers/.
About Cirrus Link
Cirrus Link puts business data to work – faster and smarter. Cirrus Link leadership understands the technology necessary to enable and effectively manage data assets for real-time controls and industrial applications. Cirrus Link solutions expose data to applications and across the enterprise based on the efficient, open-standard MQTT protocol co-created by CTO Arlen Nipper.
Director of Sales and Marketing, Cirrus Link Solutions